Sunday, June 03, 2012

Keep Walking

Almost everyone will come across a bad shoe day some point in time. May it be shoe giving way, or a really painful blister.

I was at my colleague's wedding dinner yesterday night when suddenly... my shoes gave way 1/4 through the dinner. Can't blame the pair of heels, 'cause I have not worn it for more than 2 years, and I was walking at alarming speed while wearing it on my way to the hotel, overtaking 90% of the people in front of me.
So... the sole came off! what do I do?!?!?!

As the saying goes... Success is not about Victory, it is about how you stand up after a fall.
As usual, being the calm and practical engineer by training, I start to list my options and look for solutions:
1) Rip off the rubber sole and hope that the top portion will hold till I get home (
2) Ask the hotel staff to get me glue (that will take some time, stunned the hotel staff, may cause a commotion, in conclusion, Unglam!)
3) Look for available quick fix (rubber band - but don't see any around, I saw plastic strips in rubbish bin - but unglam to go bin digging, my rubber band for tying hair - but too thick will cause the sole to be uneven)

Finally... ta-da! I found the rubber band from the menu (yes, the golden thread you see that hold the 2 pages of menu together)! So I subtly read the menu, took out the rubber band, and went to the toilet to do myself magic~


A bad shoe day... but success lies in remaining poise & calm, finally home sweet home in a glam-glam way. (btw, if you want to know what happen to the shoes... it is on its way to incineration plant)

No comments: