Monday, June 18, 2007

Temp-Job 2007: EOS Experience Day

Event: EOS Experience Day
Date: 16 & 17 June 2007
Time: 9am - 7pm
Venue: East Coast Park, next to man-made lagoon (cable water ski park)
Activity: Temp-job

The Canon Booth

Last Saturday and Sunday, I went for a 2-days temp-job. The event was not a sale-event, it was an experience day, for photo-enthusiasts to try out some of the lens and camera from Canon. And in celebration of Canon EOS 20th anniversary, and the launch the world's fastest DSLR -- 1D Mark III. (The shuttle go "tut-tut-tut-tut-tut-tut-tut" continuously. Even the sound make people very excited.) The star camera is the Mark III camera, and a lens that cost $150,000. Yesh de, this is not a typo error, can even buy a car le!

These tripods here are holding on to hundred of thousands dollars of cameras & lens.

My job was basically to look after camera, pass to people who wanna try, and make sure I get it back, and dun let people run away with it. Also, it was a Standing Marathon. Gotta stand from 9am till 7pm. My legs were darn aching, pain argh~. The camera that I was holding on was a EOS400D body, and a 50mm f/1.2 lens. That whole set is about $4000++.


EOS 400D camera


Taken at the Macro corner. Those fruits and flowers are REAL!

And a few pictures of the models...


The breezy East Coast Park

This guy is cool... he got ALOT of tattoos... chucky, R.I.P, Transformer, etc etc.

Pictures of Me and a few (temp) staffs there


Darn~ the camera and lens is good... the colour come out darn nice and vivid. I din even need to edit at all. But after this event, I truly realise that photographers are MAD people. They buy and buy till they are sooo desensitised. $2000+++ to $4000+++ for a lens, is worth it. $7000+++ is still worth it. $40000+++ for a camera also "okay~". Grr~ I shall not let myself become like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

photography is an expansive hobby... tat's what i can only say~

CS